This past Sunday was the premiere True Blood Season 5 – one that most of the girls here have been slightly hesitant about. You see, we weren’t the biggest fans of last season. Not that it was necessarily terrible – it just neglected to provide the sex, drama, and oomph we’ve all grown to expect from the True Blood series.
However? Season 5? Started off with a bang. Literally.
The episode starts off wrapping up some of the chaos from the prior season - Sookie and Lafayette are left cleaning up our favorite hot mess Tara. Literally. Her brains are all over the kitchen floor. Eric and Bill are dealing with the repercussions of pissing off the Authority, and? The werewolves are out hunting for blood. Specifically the blood of whomever killed their douche bag Alpha.
- Bill and Eric escape on the route to “true death” via BLOWING THEMSELVES UP IN A CAR. Smart idea, right? Thank goodness the driver was Eric’s sister who works for the Authority and planned on saving them anyways (way to go, guys). Eric then proceeds to bang her. That’s right, folks. A little Game of Thrones action for you vampire style.
- The werewolves are led to Marcus’s body by Sam, who confesses to the murder. But Alcide proves he’s no bitch (punny) and admits to the slaying himself. And then watches while the wolves literally devour Marcus’ corpse. Delish.
- Terry is told by the visiting Patrick (Marine from Terry’s unit) that fires have been started at all their fellow soldier’s homes. Coincidence? Maybe not..
- Revered Steve Newlin (now undead ex-head of the Fellowship of the Sun) is…well, gay. And has the hots for Jason.
- Jason? TURNS DOWN A HOOK UP.
- Jessica is still sex on legs and acting out.
- Russell Edgington is BACK.
- Tara is turned into a vampire by Pam. And proceeds to attack Sookie. Girl was crazy as a human. I can’t WAIT to see her go nuts as a vampire.
And most importantly?
- HOT HALF NAKED WEREWOLF WOMEN.
So far? So good. Looks like there will be less Sookie pining this season, and more character development – and most importantly? Action. Oh… and gratuitous sex. As much as I love the addition of werefems, Russell’s bound to be wondrous return, and Tara’s turning, I have to say seeing Jason grow as a character was the highlight for me. Boy, may not be that bright – but he’s got a good heart.