Like Monsters? Like MMOs? Then check out Universal Monsters Online – a new MMO brought to fans by BigPoint.com.
Beta testing has just begun – and you can head over to UniversalMonstersOnline.com and sign up to be one of the first players to test out what is bound to be a pretty bitching burn-time game. I mean, what’s better than Frankenstein’s Monster wailing on Dracula?
Check out some screen shots and more information below and let us know if you signed up. It’s game on.
- Dracula: Do not toil in grasping the depths of this demon’s intentions. It is futile. Dracula is —simply and profoundly — horrific. And he makes no apologies in being so. Do not waste your thoughts on the wonder of his existence. To do so is petty. Only a fool wonders at their impending death. To him, you are not special. You are not a potential companion. You are not even a worthy adversary. To Dracula, you are simply… food.
- Creature: The missing link. The enigmatic answer to mankind’s most mysterious question. The scientific community’s focus then shifted to the study of this creature. Unfortunately, those who ventured near it have never been heard from again. Is this scaly, mystical thing man or fish? Are there more of him in the depths of the Amazon jungle? How has Gill-man survived without evolving or… is this what we will evolve into? If all who have searched these answers failed to return, we may only be left to our terrible imaginations.
- Wolf Man: The Wolf Man is a force of cunning rage. A beast of nightmares realized, this monstrous terror used to be locked away inside a human host. It was released only by the light of a full moon…not any more. The Wolf Man has mastered the confines of his curse and now roams free and can appear at will. Fueled by blood lust and the craft of the hunt, the world’s most feared werewolf is on the loose, stalking his next victim.
- Frankenstein’s Monster: He has no name of his own. No identity. No sense of belonging. He will forever be linked to his creator, the morally tormented Dr. Frankenstein. The eight-foot-tall, hideous creation has tried — and failed — to integrate himself into society. All who see him have shunned him. His ambition has now fatally shifted from attaining acceptance to seeking revenge. He has the strength of a bull combined with the rage of a child. He has lost his affinity for life and no one standing in his way will be spared.
- Bride of Frankenstein: Her tombstone reads “Madeleine Ernestine – Beloved daughter, friend and fiancé.” Her time as Ms. Ernestine was tragically cut short. She was to be wed to a young man who was kind and loving. He had peaceful aspirations, wanted children, and to live out his days with her in comfort. All of that is gone now. In its place are dusty words etched into a grave marker. But she does not rest. In fact, she lives. Not by any supernatural miracle but by a scientific nightmare. She is not as her former self and not as the bride of any ordinary man. She is the Bride of Frankenstein.
Welcome to Universal Monsters Online, the free-to-play browser game! Play as your favorite characters from the Universal Monsters films including Frankenstein, Dracula, The Wolf Man, and a multitude of other iconic Monsters. Be part of the fast paced action-strategy MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena). UMO combines high-end 3D isometric graphics, cinematic audio and deep gameplay in a setting from the greatest monster films. Destroy your opponents – capture the damsel!